Anesta Weekes QC: Preparation, Preparation, Preparation
Anesta explains the process that she uses for effective case preparation, including how to distil your questions and case theory.
- Introduction and background– Anesta describes her early days as an advocate.
- Anesta’s first trial experience and trial and error advocacy journey.
- When Anesta realised that she should she should have a proper method of case preparation.
- Anesta explains the process that she uses for effective case preparation.
- How Anesta uses chronologies, schedules and diagrams as part of her case preparation.
- Preparation and research that Anesta does when she has a case that involves an expert.
- Anesta explains what case theory means to her.
- How to distil your case theory?
- How to deal with weakness or issues in your case.
- Anesta and Bibi discuss how long you should spend looking at weakness or issues in your case.
- Anesta describes types of infective case analysis that she has seen when she had been an advocacy trainer or sitting as a Recorder (part time judge).
- How to distil your questions and case theory in fact heavy cases.